Monday 18 November 2013

A pretty picture and some words


I am becoming what I hate. One of those people who constantly talks about how busy and overwhelmed they are, and never has much of substance to contribute to society because they're always  prattling on about Busy and Overwhelmed.

I'm not complaining, though. Really, I'm not. I know I'm lucky to be as busy as I am right now (with photography, if you were wondering. Not with, like, moving into our new house or something similarly crazy. I've pretty much given up on that, and it will just be a pleasant surprise if one day we get a call that says "hey, your house is done! come close now!").

So, since I am so Busy and Overwhelmed today, here's a few awesome/hilarious/informative/interesting articles I've found around the web lately. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

11 things I wish I knew when I started my business - favorite quote: "Do not price your offerings around your personal ability to pay for it - you are not your ideal customer."

The GQ guide to naming your baby - favorite quote: "Are you giving this kid a one-of-a-kind name because you're fishing for cheap compliments? Do you want friends and family to be dazzled by your creativity? That's probably what's going on here, even if you can't admit it. A name shouldn't make a person. A person should make a name for himself. He has to go and earn it by fighting bears and seducing the wives of dictators. On his own. Without your help. So before you fill out that birth-certificate application, think hard about the person who's gonna be carrying around this name for life. Put yourself in the kid's shoes, and maybe, just maybe, you'll have the balls not to name her Brixie."

Justin Timberlake shows us how dumb we sound when we use hashtags.

This guy's wife got cancer, so he did something unforgettable. WARNING: YOU WILL UGLY CRY.

Surviving Whole Foods - favorite quote: "I went on a cleanse once; it was a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I detoxified, I purified, I lost weight. On the other hand, I fell asleep on the highway, fantasized about eating a pigeon, and crapped my pants. I think I'll stick with the whole eating thing."




No comments:

Post a Comment