Suspended by Brendan Moar (above & below) was my favourite. It had an amazing dream like quality with the black walls and hanging plants. Loved this little leafy corner with the silvery leaves and stem against the black walls.
Next favourite was this garden called "The Hive" by Katie Burgess. Loved the layering of plant colours, the honeycomb fence with bamboo homes for insects, the largely edible plant selection.
Sydney Gardenesque by Myles Baldwin (below) was beautiful and achievable. Loved the encaustic tiles with the sandstone, and the slightly old fashioned planting.
What I am taking from the show:
- My garden needs more vertical interest. We should definitely build some kind of shade providing gazebo on the deck next to the pool.
- I need to plant more edible plants - everywhere
- Have to plant Dietes Robinsonia - a dietes with a huge white iris flower, just gorgeous.
- We need more dappled light from screens or creepers - looks lovely and provides warm shade in this hot climate.
- Need to build a cubby house for the girls from slatted wood - this could be a giant project for the Kreg jig this summer!