Monday 9 September 2013

Where my ENFPs at

Day five of Blogtember! Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (more detailed info on the Blogtember prompts post)

Dress: c/o Hazel & Olive | Belt: Target | Necklace: c/o Moorea Seal | Bag: Target

Hope you all had a nice and restful weekend! We're back at Blogtember today, and I hope that even those of you who are simply quiet readers or not participating in the writing challenge will still complete the Jung typology test and determine your profile type. It's really quite interesting! I've mentioned it here briefly before, so some of you may have already completed the test.

I'm an ENFP. ENFP through and through! My jaw must have hit the floor when I took this test for the first time. It pegged me so perfectly that it was almost weird. Both my good traits, and my bad ones. Then I had Matthew take the test too, and it was actually one of the best things we've ever done for our relationship, funny enough. To see some of those qualities we both admire and, let's face it, despise in each other written out like that, all scientific-like, was so, so interesting. It has actually helped us to accept one another's strengths and weaknesses, and move on a bit from focusing on the negative so much. (he is an INTJ, by the way!)

Here's just a few points that really stood out to me as true about myself:

"Because ENFPs live in a world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivious to these types of tasks. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members." - from here
-Things like cooking and cleaning are extremely difficult for me to focus on. It was interesting to learn that this is a very strong characteristic of my personality type.

"ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped." - from here
-This could not be more true! Matthew and I had a laugh at this one. Often late at night I turn into a very annoying and silly other-version of myself, like some sort of weird split personality. I have no idea why. Must just be an ENFP thing! ;)

"One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends." - from here
-Specifically that last line rings true for me. I connect with almost everyone I meet. My #1 goal is always to make people feel accepted, admired, and like a friend.

"ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing." from here
-All the above ring so true for me. I've always wanted to work for myself. I do really well on things I'm excited about. I am basically a really happy person, and I don't stress a lot. The times in my life when I've been least happy are when I've been "confined to schedules or mundane tasks." 

I could keep going, but those are some of the major ones I wanted to respond to about my type. Hope you all enjoyed this exercise as much as I did! 

Dress: c/o Hazel & Olive | Belt: Target | Necklace: c/o Moorea Seal | Bag: Target

*I recommend putting your letter personality type in the link title, so people with the same type can meet others like them! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment