Friday 22 February 2013

Two (or ten!) heads are better than one


I adore this girl.


Lately I've been learning a lesson on how important it is to surround yourself with like-minded individuals and other professionals in your same career path and otherwise people whom you can bounce ideas off of and brainstorm with and learn from. The other day Shalyn and I met at the cutest little coffee shop in town (Vintage Heart) and a work date turned into a dream/brainstorm session that got both of us fired up and excited. And then last night, Erin and I met up on Google Hangout with 8 other newer bloggers and had this awesome and fun Q&A chat, which also left me feeling re-inspired and motivated, even though Erin and I were supposed to be the ones doing that for the others. Point being, sometimes you really DO need to get out of your comfort zone and meet your counterparts or competition in your field or make mutually beneficial relationships and share knowledge and dreams and fears and hopes. I tend to be such an individualist (I don't need anyone! I got this! I'll figure it out myself!), but maybe the people who wind up truly successful at what they do are the ones who involve others in their goals. Just some food for thought on this fine Friday. :)

* * * * *

And now for today's featured sponsors! Let's do this!

I know this is hard to fathom, but A Girl Named Gay is a blog by a girl named Gay! :) Or more specifically, an awesome and witty, beautiful lady, wife to a guy named Yosh (cool name, huh?), mama to four kiddos (major kudos there, Miss Gay! a little more about her family here), and fabulous blogger with sweet post topics like her Ask Gay series (good stuff there, seriously!). There's a bit of an intro to Gay here, but for more, you'll just have to read and get to know her. :)


* * * * *

Pretty Leanne is the brains behind Fresh Season, a beauty, style, and life blog based in Ottawa, Canada!  Go Canadians! :) You can get to know miss Leanne a bit over here on her about page, but I'll give you a hint: she's a grad student studying really smart-sounding stuff that intimidates me (hehe), loves her pup and her man, cooking (great recipes here!), traveling, and more! Head on over and say hello.


* * * * *

Last but not least is the truly lovely Amanda of Marshalls Abroad, a blog that radiates light and love throughout the blogosphere, and also happens to post the most amazingly beautiful and delicious recipes that actually make me want to eat healthy! :) Amanda and her handsome military man live overseas in Japan, and their blog is escapism at its finest. I dare you to go there and not immediately fall in love with the two of them. Perhaps start here with their love story? You will swoon.


Happy Friday!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment