Friday 4 October 2013

Feature Friday: Scout and Nimble

Today I am featuring the home of Jesse from the blog Scout and Nimble.  I love her eclectic and colorful style and I am sure you will too! Here is what she says she loves most about her home:

I love my home for the obvious reasons.  It's the first home that my husband and I purchased together as husband and wife and the home that we brought all of our babies home to.  I remember walking through the front door with our second son, Oliver and introducing him to his big brother Henry right there in the foyer.  It's the only home they have known and we try to fill it with the love and joy that both of us had growing up in our own family homes.  As far as decorating goes, I don't really have a certain style that I stick to...I like to decorate spaces to evoke emotion and will tend to decorate a room based on how I want to feel in it.  So, I wanted our living room to feel calming, inviting and relaxing.  A place to unwind, curl up on the couch and be enveloped by a certain coziness.  I wanted to feel completely opposite in our adjoining office so I tried going a bit more bold and colorful in hopes that I could be more creative and productive while I am working. ;)  I am huge on having a space function for your life and using every inch of your home.  If a room is not being used or is sitting empty, I will purposefully try to make it fit one of our needs, whatever that may be.  Last year, we got rid of our formal dining room because we never used it.  As a family of 4 with two growing boys, I knew it would function so much better as an office and den.  A place where I could work, have a conversation with a friend as well as a place the boys could play a board game without the distraction of the television or a lot of people.  In terms of things...by far, the favorite thing that we decided to add to our house is our wood beams in the living room.  I grew up in a house with beams and from the moment we first stepped foot into our home 8 years ago, I have been wanting them.  It makes the heart of our home feel complete and brings in the perfect amount of rustic into the room.  Bottom line, I love that our home represents us...our family of 4, our personalities, interests and style. 

Enjoy! 

e n t r y w a y 




You can read more about her DIY art piece here


l i v i n g  r o o m





o f f i c e



You can read more about this office space here and here

k i t c h e n




Read more about this kitchen here

d i n i n g  r o o m


See how she created this weathered table here


See how she created this music pice of art here



m a s t e r   b e d r o o m






You can read more about this room here

b o y ' s   r o o m





You can read more about this room here

Thanks to Jesse for sharing her home with us. Make sure you check out her blog here

To see homes that have been featured in the past go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment