YOU GUYS, this soup! Matthew and I eat a lot of chicken since I never have trouble finding delicious, healthy chicken recipes, but I have trouble incorporating other meats into meal time, to mix things up. I was looking for ground beef recipes the other day, and I found this one. It sounded so delicious, and last night we tried it. 10 out of 10, y'all! This recipe needs to be in your life.
LIGHT ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups of low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 14.5-oz can of diced tomatoes
- ½ lb Ditalini or Macaroni pasta
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90/10 or higher, you won't be able to drain the grease!)
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Warm olive oil in a large 6-8 quart stock pot over medium high heat
- Chop carrots, onions, and garlic. Add the carrots and onions to warm pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook an addition 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, tomato paste and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with hands to combine. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop to portion, lightly shape the scoops into meatballs using your hands to roll them. Drop them into the broth, distributing them evenly around the pot. Cover. Allow to boil for 5 minutes. Stir meatballs gently.
- Add pasta. Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Add basil and parsley, stir and serve. ENJOY! :)* * * * *
* * * * *
Mismatched Simplicity is an adorable blog with an equally adorable author named D'Ann, who you can get a taste for right over here. See? Told you she's adorable. Mismatched Simplicity is one of those blogs that just feels like a warm hug when you enter it, and like D'Ann and her husband could probably be your BFFs. You should probably head on over there and get on that! ;)
* * * * *
Priscilla is the beautiful brains behind the Stylish Gimp, a fashion blog that just so happens to work around a wheelchair! Priscilla was paralyzed in an accident back in 1999 (read some FAQs about that right over here on her other blog, The Wheelchair Mommy), but this incredible lady never let that slow her down from living life. She's married with three kids and also a total fashionista, which you'll soon see over at the Stylish Gimp. I've had the pleasure of meeting Priscilla in real life since she's a fellow Austinite, and what an inspiration she is! Stop by and pay this lovely lady a visit.