Thursday 10 October 2013

more mid century obsessions...the bumling pendant

Finally I know what this light is!!!  I have been stalking images of it online since I saw this one below.  I love the shape and the colours it comes in.  If I didn't already have a lovely pendant over my dining table this would be very tempting.

| Bumling over table  |  Yellow Bumling |  Hans Wegner chair in orange  |
The Bumling was designed in 1968 by Anders Pehrsson for Atelje Lyktan, its only just mid century I suppose.  I love the rounded shape 

|  Bumling over table  |  Brass bumling via 1stdibs  |  Candle stick from Nordic Bliss  |
And the best news of all is that it is still in production, try Scandinavian Design Center.   Or you can look for them second hand too, I have spotted a few on ebay and craiglist.

Pretty gorgeous aren't they.  Would love to find a spot for one somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment