Tuesday 29 October 2013

More from Mexico

One of my jobs in Mexico was to go on a couple outings with the group I was working for, and basically just do what I always do anyway (snap a zillion pictures), except this time I was "working" and therefore had full acceptance and permission to be the freak with the camera adhered to her face. It was fantastic.

On this particular outing we went three places: 1) to a blown glass factory, 2) to a delicious lunch, and 3) on a glass bottom boat tour to the Arch of Los Cabos, which was truly a breath-taking ride. Then I even got to walk around a bit and bought a beautiful Mexican blanket that I tried to barter for but failed miserably since I made the rookie mistake of showing my extreme interest in the blanket before offering up a price. Stupid move, Jenni, stupid move. Here's a few photos for your purusing pleasure...



This was the BEST sorbet I have ever had in my life! From left to right: lemon mint, orange, and blueberry. So refreshing and unbelievably yummy!




Now, for our boat tour to the Arch...


The Arch of Los Cabos is at the very tip of the Baha California peninsula, where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean join. The joining of these two oceans causes strong undercurrents and large waves, and the closer we got to the Arch, the more the boat rocked and the larger the waves became. I already have a little bit of a "thing" about waves (I am petrified of them), so while I was trying to be a good photographer and take ample photos, the sea sickness and general wave-terror was starting to get to me, and I was absolutely feeling pretty green. But I'm happy to say I didn't up-chuck, not even once.


Look closely at this next photo - those are sea lions sun bathing! :)


An old resurrected pirate ship...


And a few from around town...





follow here! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment