Thursday 22 August 2013

A dinner idea: easy crockpot chicken


Now that Matthew's home from school, I have been doing a lot more cooking - and consequently, a lot more good eating! I'm not going to lie, though. I don't love cooking as much as I used to. Probably because I'm working full time now, and when I finally shut down my computer and my brain for the day, I really don't want to think about food! Story of most women's lives, I'm sure. So a delicious and easy meal with very little prep time is always nice to discover, eh? One of our other favorites is my most delicious salmon in the world recipe. Big name, yes, but I think it lives up to it. 

Anyway, there really isn't anything special about this crock pot chicken, except maybe that it's easy, melt-in-your-mouth yummy, lean, and did I mention easy? Serve it up with a pre-made salad and rolls you pop right in the oven, and you've got yourself a perfect dinner. 

AND IT'S EASY.

Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients:
Assorted bone-in chicken pieces (I used two breasts, four thighs, and about six legs)
Season-all
Garlic salt

Directions:
Rinse chicken and lay out the pieces on a plate/cutting board/plastic wrap. Sprinkle all with a little season-all and garlic salt, or any of your favorite seasonings. Place them in the crockpot (it's OK to pile them up in there - I like to make extra so there's leftovers for the next day's lunch!).  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high about 4, or until chicken is super tender and juicy. Serve with salad and rolls or rice, or whatever you prefer. The salad pictured above is a delicious and super healthy kale salad mix from Costco. 

Enjoy!



follow here! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment