Tuesday 6 August 2013

My New Love for Black Walls


If you follow me on instagram (@kirstenkrason) you might have seen that I have painted my office black! My office is the last room in my house left to decorate (but let's be honest I'm sure I'll be re-decorating everything at some point) and for some reason it's made me want to try a totally different approach to the way I decorate my home. Everything in my house is fairly light and bright and I love it.  My old office was extremely feminine and that really fits my personality but for some reason I have been infatuated with black walls recently. I can't explain it. I have always loved contrast and drama in rooms but usually I create that effect with pattern and color. It was a hard decision and up until I put that first paint-stroke on the wall I was doubting myself. The good news is that I love it! And for those of you who are wondering I used the same paint color that Bryn used.

These are the rooms I have been using for motivation and inspiration.


Traditional Family Room by Cambridge Architects & Designers LDa Architecture & Interiors


Victoria Smith {SFGirlByBay} Home Tour in Rue Magazine 

interior by Jonny Valiant


image via Smitten Studio


I would say this bathroom palette is exactly the vibe I am going for in my office. I love the shot of color and the sharp contrast of the white against the black. 

And for those of you who might think I have gone completely insane don't worry, there will still be lots of color. Here's a little fabric preview...


Hopefully more progress pictures are to come! 

What about you?  Would you ever paint a room black? 

No comments:

Post a Comment