Almost everyone I know hates doing the laundry. I don't mind it at. Why? Because I don't spend much time doint it ... On average, I probably only spend 5 minutes a day, for the two of us. How you might ask?
- I hardly do any ironing. I only iron Mr B's special occasion outfits (eg. weddings etc).
- I FOLD everything as I take it off the clothes airer.
- We have an Antonius ikea sorting system where everything gets sorted as soon as it comes off. MrB is well trained and cooperates :)
- I don't use an outdoor clothes line, but instead a HWS clothes airer. I keep it in the laundry by the sliding door, so it gets some sunlight, but at the same time the clothes don't get damaged/fade from heavy exposure to the sun. Also, there is no risk of them getting wet :) Win-Win!
- The sorting system is kept in our walk through robe, which is in between our ensuite and bedroom.
- Everything gets sorted in the 4 baskets as soon as it comes off. Nothing is left on the bathroom or bedroom floor. From top to bottom: Large basket: towels and whites; Large basket: darks; Small basket: delicates darks; Small basket: delicates lights.
- As soon as one of the large baskets is full I place it in front of our bedroom door for MrB to take to the laundry on his way down the stairs the following morning.
- I load the washing machine and shake & hang the washing on our clothes airer.
- Once dry, I FOLD everything as I take it off the clothes airer. (I believe that this is the key to no ironing)
- I don't go upstairs specifically to take the clean laundry! I leave it on the dining table for us to take as we go up.
- Bedding is exempt from the sorting system and gets washed as soon at it comes of the bed.