Tuesday 30 April 2013

250 words

And so begins day one of the Blog Every Day in May challenge. Today's topic is "the story of your life in 250 words or less" (a very brief auto-biography, if you will), and as I sit down to write this, I think to myself, "self, what were you thinking on that one?! This is quite hard!" But here goes. My life story, the condensed version...

using a jumprope as my microphone. therein I began my budding career as a singer... not

I was born in Montclair, New Jersey on December 5th, 1986, and my left eye was always crying until I had surgery on my tear duct when I was a year old. To this day, I can't fake cry out of that eye. We moved six times before I was ten, and this lack of real roots is a part of who I am. I embrace change. I lived in Germany for three years and have traveled to many different countries, though now I've lived in Texas most my life. I hated Texas for approximately the first 13 years I lived here, but finally I broke down and started to love it. I was homeschooled until 7th grade and was that stereotypical awkward homeschooled kid for longer than I care to admit. I worked at the same little restaurant from age 15 until I graduated college and married my husband, and the things I learned and the people I met there taught me many of the most basic things I know about life. Now we live in Austin, TX with our two dogs (which we are obsessed with), and writing and photography and beautiful things and people I've lost and people I love define my life. I don't claim to have a lot of answers about life or love or God or any of that big stuff, but I do try my best to live authentically and humbly and with an open mind and heart. My life is good. BOOM.

Word count that ish. It's 250 on the MONEY. 

Leave your links below, and don't forget to stop by some of the other blogs participating! :)

***In the "Name" box of the linkup you have 50 characters, and I encourage you to write the name of your post, your blog, or something extra instead of just your actual name - that will make things more interesting on this list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment