Monday 24 September 2012

A fiesta, the first day of fall, and... a book club

I hate it when an attempt at alliteration gets foiled like that.

How was your weekend? Mine was jam-packed, but somehow still fun and refreshing. I woke up this morning ready to tackle the week, which is good because there is whooole lotta tackling to do. This morning I feel a funny, happy sense of contentment as pretty golden sunlight pours in my window over my desk, extra coffee is brewing downstairs, and sleepy puppies are snoring peacefully on the little bed just behind me.  Also, I just saw a teenager on the sidewalk below my window, heading over to catch the bus to the nearby high school, and I had a small surge of pleasure at the mere thought that I NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL. Ha!

Did you know yesterday was the first day of fall? I made fallish muffins in celebration, despite Texas bouncing back to very UN-fall-like temperatures. Other highlights of the weekend included a shower to attend down in San Antonio, the first meeting of a brand new book club, and an engagement session back down in San Antonio again (that stretch of I35 between ATX and SA has seeing a lot of this girl lately...).

Thanks for reading my ramblings this morning. Here's a few photos from the weekend.

* * * * *

Fiesta! (aka my best friend's couple's shower...)






* * * * *

Fall muffins (I followed this recipe, but made muffins instead. They're yummy with coffee!)...



* * * * *

Book Club Brunch hosted by the lovely Celine. She made fabulous crepes, and it was a grand time!






Happy Monday to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment