Tuesday 4 September 2012

Weekend snaps

It was a full, good, fun weekend. I didn't take my big girl camera out even once, because I'd rather not add to my pile of editing right now, but Instagram served me well and I have lots of little snapshots from the weekend.

My mother in law and sister in law came to town for some exploring around Austin, and I took them all over the place--from Blue Dahlia and Take Heart for lunch and a bit of shopping, to the Domain for cake balls and coffee and still more shopping, to South Congress for Home Slice and then Rainey street for a classier bar hopping experiencing than what's offered over at good ole' 6th street.  I had a photo shoot with old friends from my private school days, made a peach pie and lots of other good food for a happy husband, and overall, well... it was just an unusually awesome weekend. Love it when that happens.

In other news... holy wow. Is it really September already? Is fall really just on the horizon? I have been so excited about the future lately, cheesy as that sounds. I feel like maybe, just maybe, some of the feather-in-the-windnes for me might be over. I'm learning to discipline myself. Learning to be a better wife to my husband. Learning to do what it takes to follow my dreams and to be happy with who I am. It's been such a freakin' process though. And it's so not over, and never will be, I'm sure, because just when I get the hang of things the way they are now, I'll probably start shooting out babies and then life will be a new kind of crazy. But crazy beautiful, you know?

Happy Monday. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment