Wednesday 12 September 2012

Old friends and fine dining


Any of you Texans been to Huisache Grill in New Braunfels? SUCH a cute place. Man, sometimes I think I should have been a food blogger. But you know, not the kind that MAKES her own food. The kind that goes to cool restaurants and bars all the time and then writes them up. How do you get a gig like that?! Sign me up for it!

Anyway, yesterday I met an old friend at Huisache (pronounced wee-sach)... a friend I hadn't seen in FOUR years. Since Communication and Conflict class our senior year in college, which also happened to be the exact point in time when I met Matthew. During the course of that class, my sweet friend Erica listened as I ranted first about breaking up with the current boyfriend and then as I carried on about the dashing guy I met *ahem* two days later.  Now here we are, and I'm all married up and Erica has since graduated from law school! Man, time flies.

Another fun fact: Matthew and I went to Huisache on our third date. The food is great and the atmosphere is fabulous. If you're ever in the area, go there!








PS - I enjoyed the response on yesterday's post SO much. Seemed to really strike a chord with a lot of you. Thank you for the time you took to leave your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment