Thursday 13 September 2012

Romance is in the details

What could be more romantic than flowers.  I know flowers are an important part of Cathy's wedding plans, can't wait to see how they turn out.  My day would be very happy if I found these on my doorstep with the milk. 

Image from Style Me Pretty
True story:  I spent weeks obsessing about the flowers for the tables for our wedding.  Sent the florist multiple pictures of what I wanted, loose arrangements of wheat and romantic old fashioned scented roses in soft colours.  At about 10pm on the wedding night I glance at the flowers and think "they are nice" and then realise they are exactly what I didn't want, formal symmetrical arrangements of wheat and white modern rose buds.  Made me laugh!  All that obsession and I hadn't even noticed.
Bunting and ribbon chairs.....aaaah.  Succulents and peonies....sigh.  Bunting made from vintage sheets.....ooooh! (all via Grey Likes Weddings).  Aisle of chrysanthemum and rose petals.....so pretty. (Style Me Pretty)  

No comments:

Post a Comment