Thursday 20 September 2012

Warning: this post contains meat

I've thought about becoming a vegetarian. On principle, and because I love animals so much. 

But then there are places like the Saltlick BBQ, and carnivores like the man I happen to live with/be married to, and the prospect of vegetarianism working out in my life seems slim to virtually none. Plus, I love meat too much. There, I said it.

We visited the Saltlick a few days ago--Austinites, you know of what I speak. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but this was my first time there, and I must say, I was impressed. Not only was the food amazingly delicious, but the employees were so, so nice! Our server saw me clicking some pictures and insisted I follow him back into the kitchen where he would show me "the best shot in the house" of the  fire pit and grill piled high with sausage and ribs. It was so fun, and I thought it was a friendly, Texan touch to invite me back behind the scenes, so to speak.

If you're in Austin, you've got to make it out here! The grounds themselves are beautiful and surrounded by vineyards (I wish I was able to take more pictures outside, but it was pouring rain!). People come from miles in every direction to experience this place. Here's a few shots I managed in between chowing down on the best BBQ of my life. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment