Wednesday 27 March 2013

Home window tinting. Thoughts?

Due to such a high cost of plantation shutters and very poor warranty offered for the same, I think we will have to tint our windows before the shutters are installed. I just hope this extends their life from 5 years to at least 20. Eeeeek. Am I expecting too much? I just find it ridiculous that the maximum warranty period Adelaide based companies offer is 5 years. Ugggh!

As well as protecting the plantation shutters, in theory it should also protect our furniture and timber FLOOR from fading. And hopefully keep the house a bit cooler during summer.

I am currently waiting on quotes to have our North facing windows tinted. Has anyone attempted DIY window tinting? I am thinking it would be a real challenge on our arched, colonial style windows :(

Images via google

B

No comments:

Post a Comment