Friday 22 March 2013

Hope for Spring


What are your wildest dreams? What is your ideal life? What are you doing to get in your own way?

These are questions I'm asking myself this morning. Discontentment and fear have crept their way in lately, and I want to sweep them out and enjoy my life in all its unpredictability as beautiful spring in Texas floods in. In just a few short days it is the one year anniversary of Edd leaving us. That memory has certainly left its mark. But if I learned anything from Edd (which I did... many things), it was that circumstances are just things that happen along a life, and attitude and what you make of it is what shapes your experience. Your attitude is the only thing that no set of circumstances, no person, can ever change (except for you).  Your attitude changes the way you see, feel, and experience life. Can you imagine that? Just changing your thoughts changes your life.

This spring, I want to really write more
ride my yellow bike more
eat one hundred times more fruit and veggies
get really, really busy with my biz
promote more amazing brands I'm proud of on SOML and produce still better content
do things that scare me and that are hard
love the people in my life better.

This spring, as winter drifts away and the new season promises flowers and sunshine and rebirth and beauty, vow to change the way you see and relate in your world, because only then your world will change.

* * * * *

Featured sponsors! Here we go!

Miss Cortne of Coco in Magnolia is a blogger/mama over in the Houston, Texas area, and one of the first things I noticed about her blog is how important family is to her. I enjoy her "mindful moments" posts and the way her fun personality shines through her words (and I completely agree on the pet cuddling, Cortne!). :) Cortne is a newer blogger (just out of the womb, as she puts it!), so go say hello and welcome her to the (Blog) World. :)


* * * * *

Emily is the brains behind Tales for Karina Marie, a life and style blog inspired by her best friend who passed away several years ago. Emily has adorable and distinct style (even features her roommate's outfits sometimes, which I think is cute!), great hair, and, um, how can you not love her for posting about Eddie Redmayne today?!  Juuuust sayin. ;)



* * * * *

Last but not least is pretty Laura, the mastermind behind VivaGlamx3. Laura lives in beautiful Bruges, Belgium, is expecting a baby, and blogs primarily about her fabulous beauty finds. If you love to discover great new beauty products, VivaGlamx3 is the blog to read. Learn a little more about Laura right over here, and get poking around her blog for some great new beauty inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment