Thursday 21 March 2013

More than 5 things.

facial expression gold.

I'm no Martha Stewart.

No, really.

I don't like cooking all that much. I hate the time it takes to prep and clean. As mealtimes or planning for a trip to the grocery store approaches, I tend to feel a sense of anxiety/desperation because I truly despise the process most of the time. However, I do enjoy eating delicious food. Most especially when someone else made it.

I don't know how to knit. Or sew.

I don't do crafts.

I don't do calligraphy. I can't write straight without lines to save my life.

I don't keep an ultra clean home. I LOVE an ultra clean home. Almost nothing makes me happier. But it's the keeping it clean part where there seems to be a disconnect. I think this point (and the cooking one) have directly to do with my personality type. Everything I've read about ENFPs tells me we have lots of trouble with the trivial drudgery of everyday life. Oh, and apparently we suck at follow through. But we're SUCH nice people. :)   (take the personality test here.)

I have a piano I never play. I quit my lessons around age 12, and I regret that all the time.

I don't have a particularly unique sense of style. Choosing outfits that are "blog worthy" stresses me out.

I'm oh-so-painfully normal.

I chew ice, love rap, don't always keep my fingernails perfectly manicured and painted (see: trivial drudgery), have a real penchant for spilling/splattering/dripping something greasy or permanently staining on new/expensive clothes (often on the very first wear), hate running, and like to leave spiders in the corners because they eat other bugs. That's like built-in pest control, right? And free?

But.

I'm really good at making people feel comfortable and accepted and admired. I'm really good at empathy. Putting myself in others' shoes. I'm really good at communication and diplomacy. I can smooth over a rough situation with relative ease, because I'm good at words. I'm really good at putting my mind to something and getting it done (obviously I just don't put my mind to the points mentioned above).  I work really hard at things I'm passionate about. I'm exceedingly loyal, and I will fight for people I love. I have an excellent sense of humor and positive attitude. I see life in photographs. The glass is always half full. (unless I'm PMSing. Then the glass is stupid and I hate the glass and its contents and also my life and you are probably bothering me.) If someone says something and I'm not sure what they meant by it, I assume they meant the best. I see both sides of every story, to a fault. I have trouble taking a strong position on anything because of it, but I'm OK with that.

And I think it's good.... it's all good. Not sewing, not being perfectly stylish, not loving to cook, being kind, thinking about how others might feel, expecting the best from people. It's all just a part of who I am. Some of the negatives I'll work on. The positives I'll be proud of. We are who we are.

And that's my more than 5 things.


No comments:

Post a Comment