Friday 19 July 2013

After the rain



We dont get a lot of rain here in Texas, so when we do, it’s kind of like a special occasion.  To me, anyway. There’s nothing I love more than a good thunderstorm and the sound of rain and the way the house goes all dark and cozy and candles and hot tea become suddenly quite necessary. It's been stormy all week, so I've been in bliss.  Today it's sunny out, though, and I’m writing this on Ommwriter Dana II, with ambient sounds #6 playing in my earphones, which involves wind and rain. And drip, drip, drip at the sound of each keystroke (#7). It’s pretty heavenly, I’m not gonna lie. Now all I need is some blackout curtains and I can recreate my rain storm anytime I please. :)

I had a mini photo session this morning, and I picked a little handful of these pretty white lilies (or lily lookalikes, I don’t claim to be a flower expert). They smell so nice, and I’m sure they’re the result of all this rain we’ve had. I’ll enjoy them all throughout the day as I edit photos. Loving life today. Happy Friday to you, and enjoy your weekend…

* * * * *

Take a moment to visit today’s featured SOML sponsors! These ladies are fabulous. :)



Allow me to introduce you to Stephanie, the brains behind a blog called Newlyweds: North. Stephanie and her new husband just moved from way down South in South Caroline all the way up North to Maine, and this blog is all about their new adventures together in a brand new land. Read a little more about the move here, a little more about Stephanie and Justin here, and you might as well go check out their stunning wedding photos here, too. OH, and one more thing! Total house envy over their gorgeous New England home. Check it out here. Have fun! 


* * * * *

Via Fontanelle is a fantastic military family blog by a cool lady named Amy. Amy is married to an Army guy named Steve, and they have not two, not three, but FOUR children together... oh and they also happen to live overseas in Italy right now! :) It's so much fun to follow this family's adventures, and for a perfect little introduction to their story, check out Amy's welcome post for you today! Right over here is one of Amy's most popular posts (kids do the darndest things)... so go check it out and get to know this fabulous family! 



follow here! Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment