Friday 7 June 2013

Feature Friday: Jana Bek

I am really happy and excited to share with you this amazing Studio apartment today. I think most of us are all struggling with expensive taste and small budgets. It's always a challenge to create a home you feel is beautiful but also do it a way that you can afford. I think this is especially challenging for Interior Designers! Jana Bek is an incredibly talented designer who knows just how that feels. Here is what she says she loves most about her home:

I love my space because it feels bright & airy with a few punches of color. As it’s a very small New York studio apartment, I set it up like a hotel room to maximize seating and to keep an open flow. As the one space needs to function as a bedroom & living room, I choose to show off my bed, friends often sit at the end of it, we pull out the stools from under the console & it allows me to entertain with ease.



I also love that my apartment is a collection of high & low. I was very patient in putting it together, the console is from Ikea, the floral pillows are made of vintage bark cloth I sourced on Etsy, & the lamps are a DIY which you can read more about here.  The colors in the bark cloth pillows were actually the inspiration for the palette of the room, mostly neutral with pops of fuchsia, turquoise, & jade green. The more high-end items are mostly from One Kings Lane, so though they were investment pieces, I still got them for a steal. 

Because this is a studio apartment we don't have a lot of peeks into many rooms but I think what Jana did with this small space is amazing!

 (I also picked the Land of Nod winner last night so scroll down to see the winner!)













Here is a small peak into her little bathroom.





Thanks Jana! Make sure you check out her site here.

Go here to check out past Feature Fridays.




photography by Erik Melvin 

No comments:

Post a Comment