Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas 2012

Another Christmas come and gone... I know this is the most cliche thing to say, but it really does feel like each holiday season hurries by faster than the last one, and right when I have a moment to sit back and enjoy the spirit of things, it's suddenly over just as quickly as it came.  This year I found myself really looking forward to having children, because I imagine creating a beautiful Christmas for them, complete with traditions unique to our family, will bring the magic flooding back. For example, I think when we have kids, I'd like to make Christmas a full week affair, leading straight up 'til New Year's Day. None of this Christmas-is-suddenly-over-on-the-26th nonsense. There will be more cookie baking, more Christmas movie watching, more acts of Christmas kindness, etc. I'd also like to have my kids write letters to their future selves to tuck away in their stockings for the next year. These letters will include New Year's goals and a thankful list of all the gifts they received in the current year. That way they can open it with their stocking goodies the next Christmas, and remember and reflect. Isn't that kind of a fun idea? Thought maybe some of you with kids old enough might like to try it.

Anyway, enough of my rambling this morning. Here's a few photos of our day! I hope you all had a really wonderful Christmas...

my mom got this for Matthew... he seemed to think it highly applicable to our life.

mom and Norman!

mom clearly enjoying her cupcake :)

Edd... still with us.

Norman feeling very sad about being made to wear a sweater.

the most delicious breakfast casserole evvverrrr.

got any scraps for me...?

Didn't take very many pictures at our second stop of the day (Matthew's side of the family), but here's a couple fun ones!
Matthew's Grandpa... the hat swings back and forth, as you can tell from the blur! Hilarious!

Most meaningful gift of the year. A beautiful canvas print of my little family, from Matthew's parents. Made me happy-cry. :)

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment