Thursday 20 December 2012

Custom Gift Wrap Ideas Using Kraft Paper


I usually find my Christmas gift wrap at stores like T.J. Maxx or Home Goods. This year I thought it might be fun to do all my gifts with kraft paper and then decorate each one differently. 

Here are a few of the things I did to decorate my gifts. 


For this polka dot wrapping I simply used some red dot stickers from my local office supply store. The  ones I bought are similar to these. I downloaded some free black and white gift tags from Jones Design Company


A gold leaf marker can do wonders! I tried to freehand a faux bois pattern on the above gift and on the gift below I did a little laurel wreath. 


I bought the herringbone ribbon from this etsy shop



I also tried to use ordinary every day items that I had lying around my house like a paper doily and rubber-bands to accessorize these gifts. 


For Josh's gift I wanted something that was a little more manly so I tried my hand at sketching some woodland items on his giftwrap. The Buffalo check ribbon is from Kollabora. The tag is one of the Minted Table Confetti from this collection




I'm sure you've all seen the pom pom gift wrap at Anthropologie. It was super easy to recreate. All you need is some little pom poms and a hot glue gun! 



Hand decorating each gift was actually pretty fun at first but let's be honest... by the end of gift wrapping I've gotten a little lazier. 

This is what poor Jane's gifts look like. 


Luckily she won't know the difference. I have to admit the closer it gets to Christmas the less motivated I am to make my gifts cute. I'm just lucky if I get them wrapped! 

No comments:

Post a Comment