Monday 31 December 2012

Story of My Life in 2012: the highlight/lowlight reel


Ahh, the very last day of 2012.  What to say about this year? So many things. The archives of my blog say it best, I suppose, which is why I compiled a few highlight/lowlight posts from each month of the past year. It was really interesting to start in January and make my way right up 'til now. So much happened, and in the context of this blog, so much changed! It actually makes me gag a little to see how I used to edit my photos, though I suspect that, one year from today, I will say that very same thing about the way I do them now.  Such is life... always learning, always changing.

If you're a new reader, today's post might be a fun way to catch up on some of the highlights of the last year, or if you've been around a while, maybe you'll skim for posts you could have missed. So without further ado, here is my 2012 at a glance... :)


JANUARY

"Ask Matthew" questions answered part 1 and part 2.



* * * * *
Gracie and Cooper's love story (hint: it's not really a love story. It turns out they're brother and sister, and I didn't know it until they were four years old!).



* * * * *
FEBRUARY

Shared our wedding pictures: Getting Ready // Ceremony // Reception // Bride & Groom shots



* * * * *
Something pretty major happened in my life... 



* * * * *
MARCH

Spring at the ranch... and a heavy heart for Edd.



* * * * *
Losing Edd.



* * * * *
APRIL

My thoughts about the soul and watching someone I love pass away.



* * * * *
Had a crazy stomach virus... and a reality check.



* * * * * 
MAY

A post in collaboration with Radiant Cosmetics (you'll be hearing more about them from me in the coming month!)



* * * * *



* * * * *
A fun trip to Fredericksburg! Amoroso Cottage // Day 1 // Day 2



* * * * * 
JUNE

Met my little brother for the first time.



* * * * * 
Went to Harry Potter World!! Part 1 // Part 2



* * * * *



* * * * *
JULY

The "if you really knew me" post...



* * * * *



* * * * *
Visited Lake Shasta! Part 1/ Part 2



* * * * *
AUGUST




* * * * *
Kitchen nook before and after!



* * * * *
The "my blog gave me ADD" post.



* * * * *
SEPTEMBER

How far would you go to please your man?



* * * * *
OCTOBER

My husband, the (ex) addict.



* * * * *
My babies turned 7.



* * * * *
Super fun trip to Virginia, including my first trip to an apple orchard!



* * * * *
Threw my best friend a black and white themed bridal shower.



* * * * *
NOVEMBER

The babies and marriage post.



* * * * *
Matthew had an emergency appendectomy and said some really funny things while high on narcotics.



* * * * *
DECEMBER

My best friend got married.



* * * * *
I started a blog for my photography business.




* * * * *
I turned 26.



* * * * *
Christmas home tour.



* * * * *
Christmas 2012.



* * * * *
If you made it this far, thanks so much for taking a little trip down memory lane with me.  New Year's is such a wonderful time to reflect on the past and look towards the future. I am such a sucker for a brand new year... gives me a great sense of hope and excitement for what's to come. Have fun and be safe tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment