Wednesday 16 January 2013

A salad dressing recipe that will make you want to eat salad.


I know this is sort of an odd topic for a blog post... I mean it IS a recipe, and that's been known to happen around here, but a salad dressing recipe? A little more unusual. So I hope you will assume that it's a damn good salad dressing recipe, or I wouldn't be sharing it.

For real though, I have been making this dressing for some time now, though for a spell there I went many months without making it (just forgot about it, really). Then I rediscovered it one day and was all like "where have you been all my life, or more specifically, the last 6 to 8 months?" We love it. It's so light, so fresh, so flavorful, and really makes a good salad great. Always makes me want to gobble up my greens, whereas before I'd eat them quite begrudgingly. Hope you'll try it!

*serving suggestion: mixed greens, tomato, avocado, fresh mandarin oranges, and candied nuts


Lemon and Shallot Vinaigrette
Serves two (about one cup of packed greens per serving)

Ingredients
3/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp (or so) minced shallots
1/8 tsp salt
Dash of sugar
* * * * *
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:
Combine juice, vinegar, shallots, salt, and sugar; let stand 15 minutes. (I always start the dressing before the rest of the dinner, then finish it after I'm done prepping the meal). After 15 minutes, add oil and pepper, stirring with a wisk. Poor over salad and toss well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment