Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Pink Pig and August E's

Well hello there! I have a tad bit more to say about Fredericksburg, if you don't mind. :) I won't drag our trip recap out forever, but I would like to tell you about a couple great restaurants we went to, in case any of you plan a trip to f-burg in the future!

It seems like the turnover rate of restaurants and businesses in Fredericksburg is fairly quick. There are several tried and true places that seem to really hold strong, but whenever we go out there, we find that some places we tried in the past have since closed down. Makes me sad... I know it's hard to get a business off the ground, especially in a tourist town where customers don't flow through at the same rate year-round.  But anyway, all that rambling to say that the two spots I'll mention today were SO yummy, and I hope they last! 

The Pink Pig is a new restaurant by pastry chef/cookbook author Rebecca Rather, and it. was. great. The restaurant itself was super cute, the pastries delicious, and the menu food SO good! So good, in fact, that I totally forgot to take pictures of our sandwiches. Oh well. You'll have to take my word for it! Definitely try this place if you're ever in town.



Our three year anniversary is in a few weeks, and this entire trip was kind of a mini-Anniversary-celebration/last hurrah before the spring semester of law school.  So we wanted to have one fancy dinner out while we were there, and August E's felt like the place to go for it. This seems to be one of the more tried and true spots around town (it was alive and kicking all three times we went to Fredericksburg), so we headed over there for our anniversary dinner, and we were not disappointed! Matthew hadn't had sushi (one of his absolute favorites) since moving to Texas from Cali three years ago, and he decided to give Texas sushi a try for the first time at August E's.  He loved it. I've also been wanting to try lobster tail (never had lobster before!), so I went all out and ordered me some lobster tail, dangit. And then we had creme brûlée. And then we went back to the cabin and enjoyed being fat and happy in our little spa tub out back. A good night. :)


We'd definitely recommend either of these places! Happy Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment