Tuesday 24 July 2012

Cresthaven Master Bedroom


So far I've shared the Living Room, Dining Room and Basement that I designed for the model home. Today I'm sharing the Master Bedroom with you. 

I love designing bedrooms so I was pretty excited about doing the Master Bedroom. Here is the board I created for the room. 


Our budget was $1,600 for this room. This is wasn't a lot considering we needed a bed, dresser and two nightstands plus all the extra stuff! 

The inspiration for this room was really centered around the Arianne duvet cover from Pottery Barn. I loved the colors in it. 


I actually bought one queen duvet cover and had Kristen from Blue Spindle cut it up to make two decorative pillows for the bed as well as curtains. One queen size duvet really goes along way! For $149 plus the cost of sewing we got 2 curtain panels and 2 throw pillows. 



One of the biggest challenges in this room was finding a bed in the budget. I knew I wanted an upholstered bed and preferably a fully upholstered bed not just the headboard.


I stumbled across this Costco Nailbutton Upholstered Bed  for around $600 and I knew it was the one! (We ordered the queen but it doesn't look like that size is available anymore). 



Sunburst Mirror: $25 on sale at Hobby Lobby


Greek Key Sham: Jennifer Lopez Shams from Kohl's (The shams are from this collection but it doesn't seem like they are available anymore.)
Floral Pillows: Made from the Arianne Queen Duvet Cover from Pottery Barn. Sewn by Blue Spindle.
Tan Lumbar: Blue Spindle  
White Duvet Cover: I found this Pearl Embroidered Duvet Cover from Pottery Barn on sale at DownEast for $25. 


Nightstands can be SO expensive so we tried to get creative and stay within the budget. We bought the Rast Chest from Ikea and had it painted blue. Then we ordered 12 of these  from O'verlays and I spray painted them gold. The hardware is from here
Lamps: Hobby Lobby
Plant: Target



Curtains: Made from the Arianne Queen Duvet Cover from Pottery Barn. Sewn by Blue Spindle
Pink Quilt: Punch Diamond Quilt from Serena and Lily


Dresser: Hemnes Dresser from Ikea
For artwork above the dresser I framed this paper from Paper Mojo. 


Love Print: Donated by Good Girl Gone Glad 


Rose Print: I cut this out of an old Snow and Graham calender I had. 



Watercolor Floral Print: Birds of Ashmae
Floral Vase: Anemone Mezzo Vase from Anthropologie 

Paint color is Hazy Skies by Benjamin Moore 


To see other posts and rooms from this model home go here


No comments:

Post a Comment