Monday 30 July 2012

Sunset on the water

One evening while out on Lake Shasta, I climbed the ladder stairway to the top deck of the boat where some of us had gathered in the hot tub there. The sunset out beyond the lake caught my eye immediately, and my blossoming little photographer brain started whirring into action. I eyed my gorg sister-in-law in her cute striped and pink bikini, eyed the bar-top table at the end of the boat, cleared my throat, and said, “ummm… Kelsey? Can you come lay up on this counter thingee and let me take some pictures of you in the sunset?” 

She very graciously obliged, and we were both blown away by the amazing shots we got. So much so that we did it again the next night with casual clothing and also with Kara our neice, for her senior portraits. (just you WAIT to see those… oh em geeee…)

I absolutely love the perfect summer vibe of these photos… Here are a few of my favorites.

IMG_2947-2bIMG_2947-12IMG_2946-1bIMG_2943-1bIMG_2954-1b SOMLIMG_3414-1b IMG_3408-1b

IMG_3415-1b IMG_3416-1b IMG_3432-1bIMG_3417-1b 

Hope you have a happy, sunny Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment