Tuesday 31 July 2012

Nursery Progress


For some reason this nursery has been really stressful on my life. I just want everything to be perfect and it's made the decision making process really hard. The other hard thing has been not having as much money as I'd like to do it. Sometimes it's hard to pick what items you are going to splurge on and what pieces you are going to try and save on. I really just want to splurge on everything! 

The color palette has also been hard to decide on. I wanted to do something different and push myself. Of course there will be pink but I also stepped outside of my comfort zone and I'm using something I hardly ever use... gray. Believe it or not I don't have gray anywhere in my whole house. So I'm introducing it in the nursery. Here is a little sneak peak of what I have so far. 

follow me on instagram @kirstenkrason

As you can see I've got a little pink, yellow and gray going on. 


This room is tiny so it's a delicate balance to keep it from being too busy. Because of that I decided to go with simple bedding. I purchased the Punch Basics bumper from Serena and Lily and will be getting the crib skirt as well. My sheet is going to be one of my "splurge" items. I'm going to keep it a surprise! 


I also bought the Stella Floor Lamp from Urban Outfitters. I love it! The color is really happy and the shape is a little whimsical which I like. For some reason I have a really hard time finding cool floor lamps so I've been so happy with the price and look of this one. 


The rug was where I brought in a big chunk of gray. I bought the Moroccan Trellis rug and have so far been really happy with it. The pile and weight is really nice and I haven't had any kind of shedding problems. 

I really wanted a comfy chair for the room so I was ecstatic when I found this one one Craigslist for $10! It's perfect. It rocks and swivels. 


I know it appears to be hideous because it is. But try to image it reupholstered in a fabric like this:



Be still my heart. 
I ordered the fabric today and I'm super excited. This chair will add a lot of "punch" to the room. 

There is still a lot of fun stuff that is to come before this room is done. I can't wait to show you how it all turns out. One of my favorite elements is an amazing floral roman shade. Seriously you are going to die when you see it. Hopefully I get everything done before the baby arrives at the end of the summer! 

Don't forget to enter the Minted Giveaway. It ends tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment