I have a little trick to keep it all tidy:
1. Sort clothes that will be kept by age.
2. Fold neatly and stack into bundle.
3. Use string to tie bundle securely.
4. Write appropriate age or size onto label.
5. Tie label onto parcel with ends of string.
If I was really Martha Stewart I would have some gorgeous home made labels like these, just waiting for this very moment. But since I am not I use the left over Christmas gift tags.
Its a satisfying task to complete.
Tomorrow I am going to tackle the garage and see if I can unpack the last remaining boxes from our move six months ago.
Scissor string & spool set by Father Rabbit
Scalloped tags via LD Craft Supplies
Colourful tags via Little Paper Farmhouse