Thursday 2 August 2012

If this were a fashion blog, it would be called “Awkward Girls Wear Clothes, Too.”

Yesterday my mom and I drove down to the little town of Wimberley, Texas to scout out a spot for a photo session I have this weekend, and while there we decided to brave the heat for a little outfit post. (well, I decided that, and my poor mom just patiently went along with it.)

Do you ever have days where you just do NOT look right in pictures? Maybe it was the heat, or the fact that I’d just eaten a big dinner. But while flipping through the shots afterwards, there was a lot of “what’s wrong with my face?” and “wow, I look 14 weeks pregnant,” and “I hope I never actually stand like that” and “note to self: the hours upon hours of sitting on my arse editing pictures are starting to manifest themselves in my hip and buttocks region.” (We girls really pick ourselves apart sometimes, don’t we?! Silliness.)

Here’s today’s rather blindingly bright outfit… the few pictures I was happy with. ;) Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a hot date with the Stairmaster.

IMG_4568-1IMG_4612-1IMG_4645  IMG_4641-1IMG_4583-1  Bracelet: c/o Ampris Loves (15% off discount to the shop with the code LOVESOML), Skirt, shirt, and shoes: J.Crew, Hat: Banana Republic, Necklace: gifted

Be sure and check out Ampris Loves a fab little shop full of vintage treasures and gorgeous handmade jewelry (and use your shop discount code above if you choose to make a purchase!). I love my bracelet, partially because it’s called the “double happiness braided bracelet,” which, of course, doubles my happiness, and also because it’s, obviously, super cute!

Happy Thursday. :)

* * * * *

PS – My favorite photography website, Photography Concentrate, just underwent a site redesign and they’re having a huge sale! Remember those tutorials I love to rave about?! They’re all 30% off right now. Get ‘em while they’re hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment