Wednesday 7 November 2012

At Elizabeth Street



Yesterday my mom and I tried out Elizabeth St Cafe in quirky South Austin, which is this crazy cool French-Vietnamese restaurant with food as delicious as the decor is cute! French-Vietnamese seems like such an odd combo for cuisine, right? Or at least it did to me. I was skeptical when I looked over the menu online and really didn't know what half the stuff on there was (I don't have a terribly refined palate, to be quite honest with you), but I thought the sandwiches sounded good and pretty safe, so that's what I got.  I'm sure everything is fabulous from the looks of other dishes there, but we can definitely vouch for the poached shrimp and avocado spring rolls and the grilled local chicken thigh sandwich. SO flavorful and delicious! My mouth is watering right now as I reminisce.

Top it all off with a salted lemon and pistachio macaron and a steaming cup of french press coffee, and you'll be good to go. 'Til next time, Elizabeth St! Because there will, indeed, be a next time...














See my reviews for other spots in Austin here!

No comments:

Post a Comment