Tuesday 16 October 2012

don't you love.....industrial inspiration

West Elm I am in love (and they aren't paying me to say this so it will have to be unrequited love).  Hello industrial beauty, just when I thought I would never find a lamp that I like and can also afford, up you popped.
50% off shipping, sigh... can I resist.
It kind of reminds me of these lamps in this Adam Rolston designed living room which are ugly, but good ugly. (an Elle Decor image via The Artful Shopper)
Love this lamp and love this room.  That tree framed in the window...just gorgeous. (via When my eyes light up)
Could this oversize floor lamp from Ikea be a reasonable proxy?  Will have to see what it looks like up close next time I am in the store.  Sometimes they are nice from far but far from nice, but at $70 it sure suits my pocket.
I still love this pendant rusted metal pendant made by Joost (via Aibigail Ahern).  I made a similar one for our previous home but it didn't survive the move.  All you need is a roll of chicken wire, rust spray paint, and some pliers and you can make one too.  Effective, cheap and easy to make, you should give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment