Thursday 4 October 2012

Grass Valley, Part II (the nuptials)

There's something about the energy at a wedding, don't you think? Especially if you're behind the scenes with either the bride or groom. The excitement, the tension, the being on the brink of what will hopefully be a lifetime of love and happiness and, yes, ups and downs, but commitment and forgiveness through it all.

There's just something about that. :) Here are the remaining pictures from our Grass Valley weekend and the beautiful wedding we attended. Jared, Miranda, and family... thanks for everything, and congratualtions! Wishing you two a love and adventure-filled life together...



A frat brother performed the marriage ceremony... it was amazing. Quote: "By the power vested in me by the state of California and the Galactic Empire, I now pronounce you husband and wife."







 yep, the boys were drinking before the ceremony even started.




that beautiful veil had been in the family for generations!





speech!

 the bride's brother was hilarious.


Even though I enjoyed taking some photos from a guest's perspective, I still have no interest in doing wedding photography. To be honest, it scares the crap out of me. Talk about pressure! ;)

Have a great day!

PS - Yes, I wore white to a wedding. No, I wasn't doing it to make a statement or anything. The "don't wear white to a wedding rule" didn't even cross my mind when I packed that dress - if it had, I might have used it as an excuse to go buy something new! I do think rules like that are incredibly silly, though. I wouldn't have cared a bit or even noticed if someone wore white to my wedding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment