Tuesday 2 October 2012

Grass Valley, Part 1 (a cabin and a burger)






Forgive the randomness of today's post.  I took a lot of pictures in Cali over the weekend, but they don't really flow well together, if you know what I mean.  Above I have some pretty pictures of the property and a couple scenes around the cabin, and below some snaps around a fast food joint? Go figure.

Anyway, as I mentioned yesterday, we stayed in a cozy cabin in Grass Valley while Matthew carried out his groomsman duties at his friend's wedding, and even though it was a quick trip, it was punctuated with lots of fun little moments.  I'd love to go back to Grass Valley and nearby Nevada City one day, and explore a bit more. It was a charming area, and very different from the type of landscapes we have here at home.

As for In-N-Out burger. Yes, it was my first try, and yes, I liked it! The "special sauce" was yummy, though I was alarmed and slightly annoyed that they didn't even have mayo anywhere on the premises. Some of you may argue, however, that it would be a crime to have an In-N-Out burger without the special sauce, and I would agree the sauce IS what sets these delicious mouthfuls of meat apart.  (that's what she said)

I'd rate In-N-Out a definite "A" as far as fast food burgers go, though I expected a choir of angels to erupt from inside my mouth and start singing glory hallelujah or something when I took my first bite, based on the hype. That did not happen, but yes, the burger was great! The presentation was really nice and you can tell that the employees are kept to a strict standard of quality. I was impressed! Austinites: if you want a similar experience, I think P. Terry's here in town tastes almost identical, minus the special sauce. But that's OK for those of you who are like me and revere your mayo, anyway. :)


 a small menu allows employees to focus on quality, I imagine


 the meet, cheese, and bun were warm, and the produce nice and cold... as it should be!

probably thinking: get that thing out of my face.

YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment