Sunday 28 October 2012

Xmas shopping.....my gift picks for the festive season #1

Back in the mists of cyber time (about 5 years ago) I doubted that I would buy much on the internet.  
How hilarious!  I have bought clothes, shoes, lamps, bed linen, a lawn mower (! not kidding) any amount of fabric and craft stuff, hardware, books... the list is endless.  This year I am doing my Christmas shopping online.  I know its early but I am going to be super organised, I am not going to scrum down in the department stores, I am going to miss the traffic and find wonderful, thoughtful, reasonably priced presents for all.  Sharing is caring, so I hope you find some ideas here you like too.

Gifts online for under $30: 
Half Full print and Bird pendant by Courtney Oquist on Etsy. Charm with your child's actual foot print or hand writing by J4J Charms.  I really really want one with Ella's handwriting, what gorgeous keep sakes for any mum and they do cuff links for dads. Click Clack Critterz Frog from Biome.



More online gifts under $30:  
Fetch tea towel from To Dry For.   
Sweet Orange, Cedarwood & Sage Hand wash and Mandarin & Rosemary Body cream from Grown.  My personal favourite range for home.  
Cotton fouta or french bath towels, the perfect light beach towel or sarong in gorgeous french style stripes and colours.  Look on eBay, lots of suppliers and any colour that you like.



Apps for the littlies, tested and approved by Little Miss J:
These are good sanity savers for long journeys or doctors waiting rooms.
Both the Duck Duck Moose range and the Hairy Maclary books are very interactive with the figures reacting to the patting and poking of little paws.
Apps are great gifts to send when loved ones are far away, and super reasonable at under $6 each.

I am only including things that I would like to give or receive myself (we will see which of my family read the blog won't we).
Pop in next week to see my selections for under $50 and under $150, also I have an idea which I think will revolutionise family gifting forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment