Tuesday 13 March 2012

Built-in robe fitout. What do you think?

I've decided to sort out the built-in robe in the bedroom right across from ours. This is so we can use it until I've finalised our walk in robe design :)

This bedroom, will be used as a nursery once we have kids.

Due to the door being so close to the robe, I've decided to go with sliding doors for this bedroom. And because long hanging is the compartment that will be used the least, I've put it closest to the door. The shelves and drawers will be used the most, so I've put them in the middle.

The drawers end just over 1m from the floor, and I've split the hanging spaces into two equal size hanging compartments. I've also added a shelf in between the two hanging spaces for extra storage.

I am very comfortable with the end sections but not too sure about the two middle ones (drawers and shelves). I am thinking I could do a bit more here? But what? Should I change one set of drawers into wire baskets? Or convert shelves into wire baskets? More shelves and less drawers? What's more useful for a nursery?

What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on how to change/improve it.


B

No comments:

Post a Comment