Saturday 17 March 2012

Should we keep the internal doors looking special or not?

Thank you all for your feedback on my Should we match our built-in robe doors to the rest of the internal doors? post. The lovely KL suggested a possible alternative of going with flush doors in order to make the internal doors stand out and look more special. I am not yet sure about the other two bedrooms, but for bedroom 2, I have decided that in this room, there will be mirrors on some of the doors. I know, I know, I'm a drama queen :( ... The reason behind this is because the door in this room is so close to the built in and I've decided to go with sliding doors here, meaning that I can't add mirrors to the inside of the doors. And one day, this room might become my dressing room, so I am just planning for the future :)

So, there will be 4 doors on this built-in robe, the middle two will have mirrors (at the bottom of the post), and the two side ones won't. So, do we go with flush doors (for the two side doors) in order to make the internal doors (throughout the house) look more special, or do we match them?

Now for the details, the flush doors are a fair bit cheaper, which is great. However, they are a LOT lighter than the other doors, so not as solid. Just to demonstrate the weight difference, the flush ones, weight approx 16kg and the other ones weigh approx 40kg. (The mirror ones are even heaver).

So, what do you think?

Flush

Our internal doors


Mirrored doors


Mirrored doors, another view.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment