Thursday 29 March 2012

Rejoist! (Get it?)

The framing crew rolled into town bright and early today. I didn't get to the site until after 11, and pulled up to see this:

Most of the joists were down, and they were starting to work on the flooring. I couldn't believe how much had been done in only 3 hours! The supervisor came up to introduce himself and we chatted for a few minutes. He was very nice, and answered the few questions I had. I'll be the first person to admit I know nothing about construction, but it looked like everything was very solid. Seams were glued and nailed down the entire length and the sill was heavily bolted on. I also noticed a layer of waterproofing between the basement wall and the sill.


After I took these few pics I had to run to town for a few hours. By the time we got home we saw:



 
The garage was almost completely framed. The flooring was down and the hole for the basement steps was cut out.
By the time the crew left for the day the garage was completely framed. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment