Thursday 8 March 2012

Cake Balls, Anyone?

Feb 5 062-2 So, apparently the new cool thing is cake balls… had you heard?  If not, you don’t spend nearly enough time on Pinterest and the Internet at large—but not to worry.  That’s where Internet addicts like me come in.  We teach you things.  ;)

I’d been wanting to try Austin Cake Ball, so it seemed the perfect place to meet up with Ruthie and Mallorie.  To be honest with you, I can now truthfully say that cake balls aren’t my thing.  They’re a bit too dense for me, and weren’t what I was expecting.  But it was still a fun outing, and one thing cake balls certainly have going for them is how danged cute they are!  Worth a try, at least.

Feb 5 043-1Feb 5 038-2Feb 5 046-3these two are adorable, no?

Feb 5 049-2The chicken on top was “red velvet crusted.”  Meaning actual red velvet cake! So weird!

Feb 5 059-2

* * * * *

On another note, Mallorie’s husband Dave Owens is a musician making his way here in Austin, and I am LOVING his music.  I’m a little obsessed with the song below… give it a listen. It’s short!


ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment