Saturday 4 May 2013

Front fence - getting the proportions right

The brickkie I organised to meet last Saturday never turned up. I've managed to find another bricklayer who came as a recommendation from a friend. We should hopefully get him around to our place in the next few weeks. But before I see him I would like to figure out what wall-in-between-the-pillars-height to go with and whether to go with a flush wall/pillar look, or to indent the wall a bit? I would love to hear your thoughts on what to look for when deciding the height of the wall, and how to get the proportions right.

I am still hoping/wanting a hedge behind the fence, on the inside of the front yard.

A flush wall with the pillar fence.

This one to me looks out of proportion and unfinished. Which is what I would like to avoid, hopefully...









B

No comments:

Post a Comment