Wednesday 29 May 2013

Soundtrack of my life

Only three more days in May... I think after this Challenge I might not blog the rest of the summer... ;)

Today's topic is five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. This was a really interesting exercise and one that I truly enjoyed. Music speaks to me like nothing else, and really does define certain periods of my life. I found myself reliving so many different parts of my life... opening old wounds, feeling old pains and pleasures, if you will. I can close my eyes, turn on any one of these songs, and be instantly transported to a place in my past...


* * * * *

You Look So Fine by Garbage. I used to be obsessed with this song all through high school. I still really like it to this day.


Angel by 
Dave Matthews Band. And everything else by DMB, too. Almost nothing more effectively takes me right back than good ol' Dave. 


Endlessly by Muse. This song reminds me vividly of a certain infatuation with a past love...


Cheers, Darlin' by Damien Rice... and this song reminds me of the death of that same relationship...


Say When by The Fray. This The Fray's CD had just come out when I met Matthew, and I was listening to this song on repeat while I fell in love with him. Brings me right back there...


And I know I said only five... but here's a few bonus tracks - songs I'm currently obsessed with and know will come to define this current time in my life... :)

Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. 


Light Outside by Wakey!Wakey!


What list of my most defining music would be complete without Fun.? I've listened to their stuff to death, but here's some more, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment