Thursday 16 May 2013

No complaints

Day 16 of the ChallengeSomething difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.


I have been mulling over this topic for days now, and I honestly had trouble honing in on something worth talking about. My family isn't perfect and there was definitely strife at points growing up, but I don't know a lot of people who haven't had family problems, and I came away from it all fairly unscarred. I've always been cared for and loved. 
I've lost people, but that's every bit a part of life as living is. 
I have a husband in law school right now, which probably deserves a whole post on its own (being married to a lawyer-type is NOT easy, my friends), but I couldn't be more proud of the guy, and overall, our situation is working for us.
I was homeschooled through 7th grade and often still feel like the odd-duck-out in social situations, but is that really exclusive to ex-homeschoolers? I doubt it. 
I'm genetically predisposed to gain weight in my ass, but really, does that qualify as having a difficult lot in life? Perhaps... perhaps. 

So I guess what this exercise has caused me to realize is that A) I'm resilient and the things that have happened to me so far in my life have not beat me down and B) I've been blessed or lucky so far and I have no real complaints. I'm really overwhelmed with gratitude to be able to say that at all.

What about you? What are your challenges and the things that hold you back about your "lot in life?" How are you working to overcome that? Do tell!  

No comments:

Post a Comment