Saturday 25 May 2013

Sticks & Stones

Today on the ChallengeSomething someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.



I remember it like it was yesterday. 7th grade. Texas History class. Sitting at my desk near the back right of the classroom. It was "free dress day" at the private school I attended at the time, and I was wearing flip-flops. My friend Danny turned around to talk to me, and somehow his attention turned to my flip-flop clad feet. And you know what he said then?

He said, "Oh my God, you have a HUUUGE big toe!" And then he laughed at me. 

This is the strangest thing to remember, but I do, I really do. Thirteen years later, every time I see my feet, I look at them and ask myself, "are my big toes really that big? Are they just normal big or, like, freakishly big?" I haven't decided yet. But it's funny how something someone said to me so long ago made such an impact. Just more proof that words matter. 

Share your stories in the linkup below! Happy Saturday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment