Monday 6 May 2013

What I do

Day 6 of Blog Every Day In May! "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question 'what do you do?'"

* * * * *

What I do... a loaded question. Many people, I think, even in my own life, don't fully understand it. Because I work for myself, from home. I create. I express. I connect. I capture in words and photos. I take my experiences, which I don't think are really anything special, and I communicate them because we are all very much the same, even in all our differences, and it's that sameness that draws us to the stories of others.

dress from Hazel & Olive

I take everyday things, like a sunny workspace or a simple outfit or a family get-together or a sweet, new baby or an in-love couple, and I try my best to capture them and freeze them and put the beauty of them on display for all the world to see. Because I think seeing beauty in the ordinary is just one small perspective change away.

This is not everything I do, and it's not everything I hope to do or will do. But it is some of the things and, for now, it's enough.

What do YOU do? Share it in the linkup below!

***In the "Name" box of the linkup you have 50 characters, and I encourage you to write the name of your post, your blog, or something extra instead of just your actual name - that will make things more interesting and eye-catching on this list! :)


1 comment: