Tuesday 22 May 2012

Black or steel curtain rods to go with our timber floor?

What colour curtain rods would you recommend for our home, our open living space in particular? Black or steel?

I know that we still haven't got the furniture, but I am really hoping to get the curtains sorted out soon. I would like them to be light in colour, and neutral. I would like them to work with the floor and walls. Our walls are a light shade of grey (Whisper White by Dulux).

I've been browsing pinterest, and have noticed that most homes have black curtain rods. Although I like the look when used with a dark curtain colour I am afraid that they (the rods) might stand out a bit too much against our light coloured curtains (and walls)?

And when it comes to steel curtain rods, I am afraid that they again, might stick out too much and look too blingy... especially since our floor is high gloss, and our kitchen chairs are chrome... might be a bit too much? What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts and advice, as always :)

Oh, and our windows are huge. 2.4m high and 2m wide :(

houzz.com
amazon.com




 Our open living:






B

No comments:

Post a Comment