Tuesday 22 May 2012

Confessions of an Addict + Deuce Fashions

IMG_7964-2IMG_7945IMG_7955-2IMG_7947-6

Dress: Urban Outfitters (on sale here!), Shoes: Target, Necklace: c/o Deuce (enter SOML25 for 25% off in the shop!)

My mom and I were at dinner last night, and as I was Instagraming my salad, my mom made the comment that I’m in “my own generation.” I think that was a nice way of saying, “wow, it’s really weird and unfathomable that you feel the need to take a picture of what you’re eating and share it with the Internet, like somebody cares.” Or maybe I’m just reading into it?

But seriously, we Tech-Geeks/Social-Media-Obsessed really ARE in a generation all our own, aren’t we? My dependency on technology is borderline unhealthy. Case in point: last night after said dinner I left my phone on the table and drove the 20 minutes home, not realizing I left it until at least an hour later (shockingly). When I went searching through my purse to find it, I can’t even describe to you the feeling of horror that ensued once I realized it was lost. Straight up junkie-having-a-withdrawl style. I can’t tell you exactly why, but I began stuffing my face with cookies, as if to fill the empty space my phone left. So, apparently I’m an anxiety eater? Let’s keep the phone-losing to a minimum, lest I be 400 pounds.

Anyway, I skyped my mom who called the restaurant, the phone was retrieved (thank GOD), and I have settled happily back into my technology addiction. Oh, and mom? That salad picture has 33 likes on Instagram, so clearly someone cares! ;P

* * * * *

Switching gears here. Check out that gorgeous necklace in the photos above! I was lucky enough to try out a piece by the seriously cool Etsy shop, Deuce, which specializes in exactly my favorite type of jewelry: unique, kind of tribal, handmade, great quality, and overall awesome. This shop is a winner, people. You never know what the quality will be like when you order on Etsy (sad but true—I’ve been disappointed more than once), but based on my experience with this necklace, I’d venture to say that all of Deuce’s pieces are top-notch and very reasonably priced for what you’re getting!  Even better, the shop owner is offering SOML readers an exclusive discount—just enter the code SOML25 for 25% off any purchase!  Happy Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment